About Tappan Hall

 Tappan Hall, tucked away between the Art Museum and the President’s house, serves as one of the few reminders of a red-brick campus that was the Ann Arbor campus of the University of Michigan in 1990, and is one of the oldest extant classroom buildings on campus.

It was named after the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor’s, first president Henery Philip Tappan. The construction of this magnificent building was completed in 1984, overseen by architects Spiers and Rohn from Detroit, Michigan. 

Tappan Hall has been utilized for hosting classes for the school of Literature, Science, and Arts, along with the Department of Economics, the School of Education, the Mineralogy Department, the Bureau of Industrial Relations, and the School of Business Administration,  a lot of which were moved into Tappan Hall in 1928 when it was established.



An architecture student pursuing her master's at TCAUP, and strolling through the campus with her eyes glued to the pretty buildings and prettier trees (wrote this in Fall, for context)

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!