Preview: A Night of Magic, Music, and Milk Based Espresso Drinks

I’ve been waiting for this weekend for almost a month now. It’s Valentine’s Day, love is in the air, and a good friend of mine is singing at Café Ambrosia. Abigail Stauffer is performing in the basement seating section of this fantastic café, a place where members of the LGBT Commission has spent many hours studying and building friendships and that serves exceptional coffee.

Abbie is a campus artist that plays at many different venues, one of the most notable being the Ark in downtown Ann Arbor! She is absolutely amazing and I love to hear her sing. Last I knew there were still some tickets available at Café Ambrosia for $5, but they’ve been going fast. I encourage you to visit the café to purchase tickets. If you don’t, you’re really missing out, and for that I am sorry.

It really will be a wonderful night, this Saturday night. I’m taking my date to the concert, and then we’re heading over to the U-Club in the Union to attend the Valentine’s Day dance hosted by the LGBT Commission “A Rainbow Tie Affair.” Quite a night and I’m so excited. Just to add a little more advertisement for the dance…I’m not really sure if I’m aloud to do this, but I’m going to do it anyway. Michigan is all about intergroup relations and collaboration. The Dance is Saturday from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am in the U-club. The dress is semi-formal, but no plain black and white. Many of us will be wearing rainbow ties or bright colors. Good music, friends, and possible new dates for Sunday. We ask that you bring some sort of donation for the Ruth Ellis Center in Detroit, such as toiletries, clothes, or non-perishable foods. We are also collecting money for a second charity, an MSM group in Kenya. Please be as generous as your college pockets will allow, but there is no mandatory cover charge for the dance.

Enough said about that, back to Abigail. Like I said; fantastic singer and guitar player!

What: An Evening with Abigail Stauffer- An Intimate Valentine’s Day Weekend Show
When: Saturday February 13, 2010, 8:00-9:00pm
Where: Ambrosia Café basement. Ambrosia is on Maynard, right after walking through Nickel’s Arcade
Cost: $5 tickets for sale now at the Café
Who: My friend Abigail Stauffer

I hope to see people there, or at the dance, or both. I’ll be the one in the Rainbow striped vest (hopefully).

As Always,
This is Danny Fob: Artist and Art Reviewer

Danny Fob

I'm a Junior in LSA majoring in Italian and minoring in Art History. I love writing for art[seen] because it gives me the opportunity to show all of these amazing shows that the University brings to Ann Arbor. We get some world class performers and I would be really bummed if I missed out on anything that I'll never have to opportunity to see again. What you need to know about me? I'm not a writer, an art expert, and I didn't grow up around this much culture. I am a busy student at UofM, so if you are judging me for something, it's okay because I won't have time to respond. I'll just keep seeing shows and you can be jealous!