PREVIEW: Benoit Pioulard, Windy & Carl & Hitoko, Man the Hunter

When: Today, 10/23/10, 9:30pm

Where: Yellow Barn, 416 W. Huron St.

How Much: $8, all ages

Have you ever woken up at 1:30 in the afternoon on a Saturday and the first thing that comes into your mind is “I really should support my local music scene”?  If so, tonight will be your lucky night.  All three acts in tonight’s show hail from the murder mitt – Benoit and Man the Hunter are even from Ann Arbor!  Yes, THE Ann Arbor!  If you didn’t wake up at 1:30, I respect that, but come on down to the Yellow Barn anyway.  Unless it’s past your 8pm bedtime or something.

Here’s what’s up: with a number of releases on Moodgadget and Ghostly International, Benoit Pioulard has been making beautiful music that chills harder than chillwave, since before people even called it that.  Word on the street is this will be his last show in the United States before he moves overseas.  So catch him while you still can.  I have no idea who Windy & Carl & Hitoko are, and someone stole the little box that hooks my computer up to my speakers so I can’t listen to their Myspace page right now, but you totally should.  Several kind and patient people have explained to me that they are an influential name in the noise/drone scene, so I’m sure it will be great, right?  Why wouldn’t it be?  Plus, you get Man the Hunter, one of the freshest faces in Ann Arbor’s prom rock scene.  Rumor has it he has some new songs and a new friend.

SEEYATHURR, glwyh! (good luck with your headache)

pp