PREVIEW: The Avett Brothers at Hill Auditorium

The Avett Brothers are coming to Hill Auditorium tomorrow night.  They’ve been my favorite band since I was a kid, so I’m very excited!  As follows is an excerpt from their website which I feel accurately defines The Avett Brothers in a couple of words: “…all that’s left behind is the unwavering beauty of the songs. That’s the commotion, that’s the celebration, and wherever The Avett Brothers are tonight, that’s what you’ll find.”

The Band:
Scott Avett – Vocals, Banjo, Kick Drum
Seth Avett – Vocals, Guitar, High-Hat
Bob Crawford – Vocals, Bass
Paul Defiglia – Keyboard, Organ
Tania Elizabeth – Violin
Joe Kwon – Cello
Mike Marsh – Drums

You can watch some of their music videos on their website.  I especially like “Murder in the City.”  There are more videos (and interviews and the like!) on their YouTube account.

Their music is a delightful combination of folk rock, indie rock, ragtime, country, and quite a few other genres.

The band has a reputation for awesome live shows (I speak from experience – I’ve seen them five times).  Tickets are still on sale, and you can buy them here.  Hope you enjoy the concert!

kebishop

I am a senior majoring in International Studies with a concentration in Comparative Culture and Identity and a minor in Sociocultural Anthropology. I'm an avid coffee and bonfire enthusiast with an interest in the arts.