Preview: Amateur Eyes @ The Blind Pig

Photo Credit: Amateur Eyes

Amateur Eyes is a self-described “post punk indie rock group.” Take that to mean whatever you want, but first, give them a listen. They won’t disappoint. To me, they sound like the regretted love-child from a night when The Front Bottoms and Twenty-One Pilots got a little too drunk. I mean that in a good way, probably. Their lyrics are bare and bracing, as if someone dared John Pederson (their frontman) to tell the world the truth about himself and everyone else that he had hidden up his sleeve and he complied by ripping off that sleeve and whispering everything urgently into the nearest microphone.

Joining them will be Air is the Arche, shAAka, Dog Leg, and Fallow Land. I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Air is the Arche before and I’m sure the other opening acts won’t disappoint. It’ll be a long and wonderful night of music.

When: Thursday, January 28th (tomorrow!). Doors open at 9:00pm.

Where: The Blind Pig

Cost: $5 21+/$8 18+

kjwuzhere

KJ is a junior studying Mathematics and Creative Writing. She is entangled in the library system and desperate to break free. Her free time is spent staring at a wall. She felt obliged to write this bio.