PREVIEW: UM Slam Poetry

This is a student event ran by UM Slam Poetry club and is at the Kalamazoo room in the Michigan League at 7pm on November 19th.

When you go on YouTube and look up great slam poems to watch, 90% of the time it is college students. This is because unlike music or theatre slam poetry doesn’t have a large professional field. This means that the pinnacle of talent is with amateurs at college slams! I’ve attended these slams in the past and have always been blown away by the talent. If you enjoy words spoken strongly backed by emotion, then Slam Poetry is for you.

If you enjoy writing slam poetry, any one can perform at this event. Just show up a little early.

I attached a slam poem, performed by a college student (although not at the University of Michigan).

Ronald McTrump

I am a senior studying business and I have lots of travelling experience in Asia. I am very pessimistic and opinionated about life, but art brings me happiness and I hope my pessimism isn't apparent in my reviews, for the sake of the artists!