PREVIEW: Burning

The problem with previewing a mystery-thriller film is that one doesn’t want to spoil the movie for oneself or for their readers. Simultaneously, I want to build anticipation for this film that has intrigued me since it was shown at the Cannes Film Festival this summer. So, I begin this preview with much trepidation and excitement. The film in question, is Burning. Directed by Lee Chang-dong, it is a Korean film based on a Haruki Murakami novel. Steven Yuen, most famous as Glenn on the Walking Dead, is Ben. Ben meets Jong-su (Ah-in Yoo) after Jong-su cat-sits for Ben’s girlfriend. It seems the men are drawn together. By fate or on purpose, it is difficult to see just yet. The film looks full of beautiful landscape, rich households, and tense atmospheres. More than that, I cannot tell, but am certainly excited to find out. Burning is currently showing at the State Theater. Tickets can be bought online or at the box office ($8 with a student ID).

Corrina Lee

Corrina is a senior majoring in Economics. She writes about movies and art because no one will listen to her rant about Game of Thrones anymore.