PREVIEW: Jader & Hilary Hahn with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra

I was eating lunch when I saw the message in a group chat.

“Hey guys Hilary Hahn is performing with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra on Dec. 4 and tickets are only $15”

Dramatically gasping, I dropped my fork and hastily texted “I’M THERE” before notifying the friends sitting with me. By the time we finished eating, tickets were already purchased and plans were arranged to get ourselves to Orchestral Hall in Detroit一all in the name of Hilary Hahn.

A three-time Grammy Award-winning violinist, Hilary Hahn is not only known for her world-renowned technical expertise and artistic expression but also her dedication to breaking down barriers to classical music through her #100daysofpractice Instagram challenge and guest appearances on the TwoSetViolin Youtube channel. She will be performing Dvorak’s Violin Concerto in A minor, an energetic piece that takes inspiration from Czech folk music. Additionally, the DSO will be performing Smetana’s The Moldau and Overture to The Bartered Bride, as well as Florence Price’s Symphony No. 3 in C minor. 

What can I say? I am very excited for this Saturday.

You can watch the free livestream on Dec. 4 @8PM: https://www.dso.org/watch/1749736

sophiascribbles

Sophia is a second-year chemical engineering student at the University of Michigan. Outside of classes, she plays violin in the Michigan Pops Orchestra and teaches music in Detroit with Seven Mile!

One thought to “PREVIEW: Jader & Hilary Hahn with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra”