Les Miserables Preview

So I am guessing that by now, everyone and their mother has seen Les Mis. Awards.
But for those of you who haven’t there is still a chance as it plays in theaters and I should provide my reason as to why you should see it.
This a movie some years ago people have said would 20 hours to see… that is if they were going to follow the book. Some have even said that the musical on stage has equated to some splendor of the book but never a movie. I am not sure why, especially because these persons were not film snobs. But the truth is that the movie has done critically well. So for those who have seen the musical, this is a great way for you to compare and contrast.
I feel as if Les Miserables is what should have been the Best Picture Winner for the 2013 Academy . I love this movie because of the physical transformation of Hugh Jackman, the singing effort of Russell Crowe, all the different emotional performances ( whether nuanced or very obvious) by all the cast, the meticulously detailed period costumes were great, and so was the cinematography.
The dynamic cinematography is what really carried this film! The aerial view of Jean Valjean on top of the hill as he vows to change his life, as it zooms into him as he sings ‘Look down,’ even as the film opens and says 30 years after the French revolution there is a king on the throne the movie seems dynamic and vibrant, or even when Russell Crowe drowns the camera captures it from such a faraway angle that the scene echoes the lonely immense quality of a speck of a man drowning in such a depth of water.
So, yes.. if you are looking to see the movie beyond the fact that everyone has seen it.. then you will definitely find some in this preview. But why take my words for it? Go see for yourself!

LitaPitasMusings

I love big dogs, movies from the 1930s-1960s, I am a "girly -girl-feminist" and I love fast food.