Spotlight movie preview

I remember. I remember when waking up, getting ready for grade school, and sleepily munching on my cereal. And hearing the tv news anchors say “ Something about sex abuse with young boys in the Catholic Church.” This was hard to fathom as trix was slowly being munched in my mouth. I remember thinking, “Boys get sexually abused.. I thought that happened more to girls?” Another question I had was, “.. Catholic church priests’ are the ones who are abusing..How is this possible?” I was not sure if it was the morning or abuse and church being in the same sentence, but none of this made sense.
Well grade school ended and summer vacation began. I remember Peter Jennings night after night discussing about more sexual abuse cases coming out. One time I remember a grown man, a victim, go to a priest and ask him why he did this.
If you are like me and remember your childhood background music being sprinkled by such atrocities, then you may want to hear about how these stories made it to the press- or rather almost did not make it to the press.
This movie has a lot of good ensemble acting; great dialogue; and shows a lot of intricacies and nuances to Boston society. The costume and art design also highlight the somber tone and mood of both the story line and Boston itself.
This movie is a great one cinematically and as well as being a great story! Believe it or not, this story can still be found at some theaters and video on demand ( and of the course the state theater’s midnight screenings)! Go see it!

LitaPitasMusings

I love big dogs, movies from the 1930s-1960s, I am a "girly -girl-feminist" and I love fast food.