PREVIEW: Here Nor There

Here Nor There is a new solo exhibition by multidisciplinary artist and environmentalist Kristina Sheufelt, who recently received her MFA from the Penny W. Stamps School of Art and Design.

In Here Nor There, Sheufelt uses “a variety of media to blur the lines between land and body.” Sheufelt has spent her past few summers living in remote backcountry locations to work on research projects where she monitored marine wildlife populations and self-directed a study of emotional psychology in the wilderness. In this exhibition, Sheufelt processes “the emotional and ecological implications of returning to life in the city between reunions with the wild.”

As someone who loves the wilderness and relates to the jarring back and forth between the city and backcountry, this caught my eye right away, and I think I’ll be able to draw a lot of personal connection to the collection. I also got a peek through the RC art gallery windows, and from what I could tell, the collection looks really raw, unique, and evocative.

It will be available to view at the RC art gallery from September 9 – October 14, 2022, 9am – 10 pm! Come see Here Nor There!

Event page on RC website: https://lsa.umich.edu/rc/news-events/all-events.detail.html/97342-21794350.html