Jack and Jill Went Up the Hill to See Some Art…

Tonight is a night of art and poetry. Finally the semester is starting and I can continue to inform readers about the different art opportunities around campus, including those relating to LGBTQ student groups. Tonight’s event, The Jack and Jill Art Show, was suggested to me by the Arts and Programs New Letter, the Spectrum Center Newsletter, and the LGBT Commission on campus. The art show is being presented by the Women’s Forum and The F-Word, both of which are very active organizations working to reshape the heteronormative views of our ancestors. Tonight they are doing that through art, which I am very excited about.

Tonight’s show will be in the Michigan League, in the Michigan Room from 7-10pm. The newsletter promises snacks and refreshments while listening to performances, open mic performers, and viewing artwork showcases. The show is only $5, which is pretty cheap. You can stop by for five minutes or stay all night. I’m very excited about tonight, especially since the weekend is coming up and this show will be a much needed night out.
So in review:
What: Women’s Forum and The F-Word Present: The Jack and Jill Art Show
Where: Michigan Room in the Michigan League
When: January 14th from 7-10pm
How much: Only $5

I hope to see people of all identities there. This isn’t a feminist club meeting, it is a showcase presenting the talents of female identified artists and performers. It is a show that everyone can enjoy.

As always,

This is Danny Fob: Artist and Art Reviewer

Danny Fob

I'm a Junior in LSA majoring in Italian and minoring in Art History. I love writing for art[seen] because it gives me the opportunity to show all of these amazing shows that the University brings to Ann Arbor. We get some world class performers and I would be really bummed if I missed out on anything that I'll never have to opportunity to see again. What you need to know about me? I'm not a writer, an art expert, and I didn't grow up around this much culture. I am a busy student at UofM, so if you are judging me for something, it's okay because I won't have time to respond. I'll just keep seeing shows and you can be jealous!