Preview: The Ring of Steel (Cue Trumpets)

Clish! Clang! Clash! That’s the sound of steel weapons striking each other, but this isn’t a medieval castle or courtyard, this is the Student Theater Arts Complex this coming Saturday at 11:00 am. The Ring of Steel Action Theater and Stunt Troupe is a stage fighting group trained in the art of fighting with medieval weapons, including broadsword, rapier, quarterstaff, and hand-to-hand. This event will definitely be an exciting way to start my Saturday morning.

The Ring of Steel has performed all over Michigan and around the United States, presenting not only for high schools and college students but also in professional theaters and movies. Stunts and battles are their bread and butter and I am really looking forward to this one.

What: The Ring of Steel Action Theater and Stunt Troupe Open House
When: Saturday, March 27, 2010, 11:00am – 2:00pm
Where: Student Theater Arts Complex, 1201 Kipke Ann Arbor, MI
How much: Free!

FACEBOOK EVENT

There will also be a chance for the audience to learn some of the stunts after the show in a free lesson!

As always,
This is Danny Fob: Artist and Art Reviewer

Danny Fob

I'm a Junior in LSA majoring in Italian and minoring in Art History. I love writing for art[seen] because it gives me the opportunity to show all of these amazing shows that the University brings to Ann Arbor. We get some world class performers and I would be really bummed if I missed out on anything that I'll never have to opportunity to see again. What you need to know about me? I'm not a writer, an art expert, and I didn't grow up around this much culture. I am a busy student at UofM, so if you are judging me for something, it's okay because I won't have time to respond. I'll just keep seeing shows and you can be jealous!