Preview: The Gender Bender Revue is Finally Here!

And excitingly queer! I’ve heard about this event since the beginning of the year and have been waiting with desperate patience for its arrival. And here it is J. The Gender Bender Revue is a gender performance variety show; a talent show based on gender expression and sexual orientation. There will be drag kings and queens, acoustic renderings of pop songs, lip-syncs, and other performances all on a fantastic stage in possibly the best club in Michigan, Necto Nightclub! (You must be 18 years or older to enter and have a valid photo ID. Guests under 21 years of age are not permitted to buy, accept, or drink alcohol of any kind at any time.)

This event is always a big hit in Ann Arbor and on campus. The Facebook event already has 83 confirmed guests! FACEBOOK GROUP The tickets are cheap (only $5!) and they get you into Necto for the night, free food, half off drink specials (only for people 21 years and older!!) and this fantastic show!

There will also be a raffle so don’t forget extra money if you have it! All proceeds from the show will be donated to the LGBT scholarships at the University of Michigan. You can purchase tickets at the Spectrum Center or from any of the Stonewall Democrats (who are putting on the event). You can email them at GBR2010@UMICH.EDU. Tickets will also be available at the door.

Once last thing, which I need to tell you before I sign off, the day and time. I can’t believe I almost forgot! The 4th Annual Gender Bender Revue is this Friday, March 27th from 6:30 to 9:00pm. Just to sum up…

What: 4th Annual Gender Bender Revue!!
Where: Necto Nightclub, 516 East Liberty
When: Friday, March 26, 2010, 6:30pm – 9:00pm
How Much: $5 tickets purchased at Spectrum Center, at the Door, or from Stonewall Dems

As Always,
This is Danny Fob: Artist and Art Reviewer

Danny Fob

I'm a Junior in LSA majoring in Italian and minoring in Art History. I love writing for art[seen] because it gives me the opportunity to show all of these amazing shows that the University brings to Ann Arbor. We get some world class performers and I would be really bummed if I missed out on anything that I'll never have to opportunity to see again. What you need to know about me? I'm not a writer, an art expert, and I didn't grow up around this much culture. I am a busy student at UofM, so if you are judging me for something, it's okay because I won't have time to respond. I'll just keep seeing shows and you can be jealous!