Review: NOiR Runway Fashion Show

NOiR’s 17th annual Runway Fashion Show last night, April 2nd, was all around amazing! NOiR introduced the audience to the elements: earth, air, water, and fire in different scenes. The element themes featured clothes from Isaiah, Zack, Vincent, Greatness the One, Bivouac, Renaissance, Windsor, Pitaya, Junae Raye, Jaust, and Motivation. In the final scene, NOiR, the models wore the brand, Dutch. I was impressed by how the show really captured NOiR’s effort to bring together Michigan’s diverse community.

10398755_1089201044463522_4801122491471629370_n

The first two sections, earth and air, the lingerie then formal scene, were great. I was stunned by how confident and how effortlessly fierce each model looked as they strutted down the runway. The models all looked as if they had been modeling for years. I commend NOiR for showcasing different body types, different races, different ethnicities, and different genders in every scene.

After the earth and air scenes, there was an intermission for raffle drawings. NOiR’s giveaways were no joke. They gave each attendee the chance to win a prize as a thank you for buying a ticket to the show. The prizes included a brand new Jim Harbaugh Autographed Football, 2 backstage VIP tickets to music matters Springfest Migos concert, a beats by Dre 2.0 pill, 5 Steve Madden handbags, free Domino’s pizza for a semester, Mary Kay gift bags, and a bduds gift card (which I won!!). The hosts interacted with the audience well and kept everyone entertained while the models changed by hosting a Milly Rock dance competition for a $100 visa gift card.

Succeeding the interactive intermission for the raffles, the rest of the show only got better. The music selection was perfect and I loved the outfits. My favorite parts of the show were the last two scenes, Fire and NOiR. In these two sections, the models complemented each other very well. I loved when two of the models came out and were in sync when they got to their moves at the end of the runway.

Before the NOiR finale, the president and vice president came out on stage. They spoke about the history of NOiR and pointed out that a few women from the program that all of their proceeds are going to this year, the Women-Inspired Neighborhood Network, were in the audience. I’m sure it was great for those women to see the hard work that NOiR put into the show and the packed tent full of students, families, and friends, supporting NOiR’s models and the cause they are walking for.

I could tell that NOiR’s members put a lot of time into the show because of how smoothly the show was conducted. There weren’t long pauses between scenes, the models always came out on time, and the videos that played between each scene were engaging and interesting to watch.

Although the weather didn’t turn out to be the greatest for the tent, the models for NOiR brought the heat. The show was very well executed and I can’t wait to go again next year!

Please visit www.noirrunway.org/donate-1 to support a local program that helps disadvantaged mothers in Detroit gain resources and support during their pregnancy and beyond!

If you are interested in being part of NOiR in the future, I suggest following them on Facebook and Instagram for information on their next model call.