PREVIEW: Đêm Việt Nam

If you have time tomorrow evening, consider coming to Đêm Việt Nam (also known as DVN), which is the Vietnamese Student Association’s annual show! The theme this year is “Tìm Đường Về”, which means “Find Your Way Home.”

This will be my first Đêm Việt Nam, so I don’t have a clear picture of what their show is like. However, I know there is a highlight on dancing. These are the specifics listed on their Instagram (@vsa_michigan) post teasing DVN a while back:

Guy/Girl Hiphop

Umbrellas

B2Viet

Guy Hiphop

Fans

Girl Hiphop

Traditional Melody

Guy/Girl traditional

Furthermore, they’re featuring a long list of guest performers, some that I found rather surprising:

The Detroit Lion Dance Association – This is a group I haven’t seen before

K-Motion + Female Gayo + DB3 (Kpop-focused dance groups collab)

Revolution (Chinese Yo-yo club)

UMTKD (The University of Michigan Tae Kwon Do Club) – I didn’t expect there to be a martial arts performance!

Photonix (Glowstick Performance Group)

It’ll be at the Power Center tomorrow, which is a really nice venue that holds various professional performances like ballet, theater, etc. The doors will open at 6:00 PM but the actual performances will be from 7-9 PM. You can buy tickets (they’re beautifully designed by the way) at the door, so if you’re looking for something to do Saturday night, stop by for some exciting performances!

Sappy

Hi everybody~ I'm a Junior majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Sweetland Writing. I like reading, playing musical instruments, and video games! Most of my reviews will be about the performing arts because I'm interested in dance, classical music, and theater. Thank you for checking out my profile and I hope you enjoy my reviews <3