Laying Down the Sound: Colored Balloon – Episode 2

Hello again everyone! In this week’s video I focus again on my song “Colored Balloon”; this is the second episode of the “Colored Balloon” series. More specifically, I go over the song’s organization and lyrics. The structuring of the song and the inspiration for the lyrics are here in focus. At the end of this video, I feature a full acoustic performance of “Colored Balloon,” which is meant to serve as a checkpoint along the way; it signals the completion of the songwriting process and the beginning of the recording process. Accordingly, then, my focus in the next video will focus on the latter. I did not intend for this video to be so long, but it is. Hopefully you enjoy and can take away something worthwhile from this video!

Dominic Manzo

Hello! I'm Dominic Manzo, a self-taught, self-recording musician hoping to share my creative process with anyone interested; hopefully what I've learned along the way can be of some benefit to someone out there. My intention is to take the viewer, via a series of videos, on a journey from the inception of a mere musical idea to the ultimate completion of a song. I've made public various standalone tracks in the past and recently released a 9-track album (it's titled "Summer . . . and Some" and can be found on YouTube under "Mr.TheDom" or on Bandcamp under my full name). My process behind creating these previous tracks will be here in focus. Acoustic guitar and vocals are typically the central components of my music, but I mix in other sounds as well. The purpose of this series is to illuminate my process of laying down the sounds that, when put together, become a song.