S3 Scribble #1: Cloudbusting

“But every time it rains, you’re here in my head,”

I am thrilled to be back to blogging here after a semester abroad in Berlin and a work-filled summer, presenting Season Three of Song Scribbles! As I look back on my final post before leaving for Berlin, I notice how I don’t even remember feeling the anxiety I describe. This is a good lesson for me: nothing lasts forever, and, sometimes, that’s a good thing. My experience in Berlin was fantastic, and I miss being there a lot. That being said, it’s nice to be back in Ann Arbor with all of my friends as I finish out my final two semesters of college. I can’t believe it’s October already. My midterms are coming up quickly, and I am starting to feel burned out… Fall Break always comes at a good time! 

“Like the sun coming out,”

This week’s song is “Cloudbusting” by Kate Bush – a song I had on repeat this summer, and a song that always reminds me that everything is going to be okay. After a particularly stressful week, I appreciate this song even more than usual. Whether listening to it while driving or while walking across the Diag to class, It never fails to cheer me up and put me in a hopeful mood. It is the perfect song for me to use to kick off this new season of Song Scribbles!

“I just know that something good is gonna happen,”

I’m very excited for what the rest of my senior year will hold, and I am thrilled to be able to share it here through my Scribbles again. Regardless of the stress of midterms, I know I will make it through and thrive, just like I always do. With help from some great songs that keep me in touch with my emotions, I plan to embrace every feeling that comes my way. I never know what may be just around the corner.

“I don’t know when, but just saying it could even make it happen.”

Listen to Cloudbusting by Kate Bush here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WataeV4WsI4

Sydney Braun

University of Michigan Class of 2024. Pronouns: she/her. Double Major in Environment and Communication & Media. Huge fan of 80s/90s music, not a fan of single-use plastic water bottles. Be sure to check out Song Scribbles With Sydney, where I use my favorite music to help analyze my emotions and experiences at college, posted every Wednesday!