Industrious Illustrating #17 – Youmacon

Welcome back to another week of Industrious Illustrating! This week is another week where I don’t have much new art or sketches to share because most of my time has been eaten up by logistics and preparation for the biggest convention I’ll have ever sold my art at — Youmacon in Detroit at the Renaissance Center and Huntington Place. For those who don’t know, Youmacon is an annual 3-day pop culture and anime-focused convention with a dedicated Artist Alley and Vendor Hall for independent artists and businesses to sell their wares. While there

I’m splitting a table with Ria, another STAMPS Art & Design student, and we will be located at table number PA3 between the Vendor Hall and Artist Alley. We will be there for the entire weekend, so be sure to come by, say hi, and maybe peruse our offerings of art prints, acrylic charms, stickers, and more!

Here’s a picture of our actual booth that we put on social media:

Next week, I may be briefly recapping how my weekend of selling at Youma went, and hopefully soon I’ll have some non-business-related posts to share with all of you!

Robin

I'm Robin (he/they), a third year enrolled as a User Experience Design student. I'm especially interested in eventually professionally creating artwork for entertainment such as animated films, books, and video games. I want to share my artwork with a wider audience using this blog, and I also want to open up a conversation about what goes into making illustrations and artwork both on the creative and business sides..