The Jukebox: Townie

Lyrics from “Townie” by Mitski. I interpreted these lines as someone fighting to make their own path in life, despite it going against who they should be. The song itself is loud and audibly busy, so I tried to visualize that my filling up the canvas with big shapes and bold text. It’s a little messy so the lyrics are as follows: I’m holding my breath with a baseball bat / but I don’t know what I’m waiting for / I am not gonna be what my daddy wants me to be. 

thimai

Thi Mai is a junior majoring in biology, health & society. They love making digital art and comics, and want to start expanding into animation. This semester, they are working towards completing an animated short film. Check out "Frame by Frame" every Sunday night for progress updates and reflection on the process! You can find more of their work on their Tumblr blog: https://cherryysocks.tumblr.com/