The Kingdom of Tokavsk, Session 0: Entrance

You’ve traveled for days in the back of a cart, huddled under layers of furs and blankets.  Driving wind blows above you and through you in hollow howls, tugging eddies of snowflakes into your tearing eyes.  Your fingers are numb, though they’re wrapped in layers to prevent the flesh from freezing, and your satchel is stiff with ice.  Before you, a warmly clad man clutches the reigns of a grizzly.  You’ve never been to this part of the world, so you’ve only heard stories of the people who have tamed the great beasts of the north, and before you were half-certain they were hearsay.  But the land of permanent frost is as real as the skin on your bones.

Welcome to the Kingdom of Tokavsk, a boreal nation situated on the continent of Helya.  Beyond the snow-covered plains and dense forests lies a land of wild cold and beacons of heat, scheming nobles and superstition.  It is a land of eternal winter, of wild beasts and mystical ruins.  It is a land of tenacity and death.

What secrets will you find within this place, adventurer?  Will it be a journey of opportunity, or are you fated to meet a grisly end?

Hello!  Alias here.  I’m taking my blog in a different direction this time around.  I’ve been on a fantasy streak lately, so I am using this blog as an opportunity to create a new world.  My current plan is to start with an overview of the kingdom and its distinguishing features, then go from there.  Being the lover of character creation that I am, I may also write a few vignettes and character profiles.  This blog will likely have a lot less comedy than my posts from last year, but rest assured I am still the same complete dork with a weird sense of humor.  I simply have varying interests when it comes to writing and tend to flit between various subjects.  (That being said, I plan to stick with this blog topic for the duration of the year.)

Fire up, and Go Blue!

Alias

Alias

Alias came to Earth from a distant planet roughly 80 years ago and has been inhabiting the United States ever since. Captured by authorities in 1959, Alias was entombed in Area 51 until escaping in 2019 and has been at large ever since. Declassified reports from the CIA suggest Alias has grown in power and has discovered the ability to harness unnatural energies.