PREVIEW: The Accidentals at The Ark

An indie folk, folk-rock, americana, progressive bluegrass, classical, alternative rock, jazz, country, contemporary folk, and folk-pop group from Traverse City, MI, The Accidentals are coming to The Ark!  I’ve seen them in shows a few times, as they’re from my hometown.  They always amaze me with their energy, talent, and lyrical genius.

The band consists of Savannah Buist, Katie Larson, and Michael Dause.  Buist was born in Nashville, TN.  As taken from the band’s website, “the question is ‘what doesn’t she play?'”  Larson graduated from the Interlochen Arts Academy in northern Michigan in 2014.  Dause, from Detroit, MI, began drumming on common kitchen appliances when he was nine and “never really stopped.”  His first album came out in 2012.

The band as a whole has released two studio albums: Tangled Red & Blue (2012) and Bittersweet (2013).  Although their concert tomorrow night is sold out, stay tuned for more news from this wonderful group!

kebishop

I am a senior majoring in International Studies with a concentration in Comparative Culture and Identity and a minor in Sociocultural Anthropology. I'm an avid coffee and bonfire enthusiast with an interest in the arts.