Preview: Up in the What?

Up in the Air. I’m actually kind of excited to be going to this movie tomorrow. Mostly because I need a break (kind of early in the semester to be saying that isn’t it?) and I think a good movie is just what I need. I saw a commercial a while ago about “Up in the Air” and I thought it looked interesting. It’s been nominated for 6 Golden Globes, so it has to be good, plus it has George Clooney in it, who has never stopped being attractive, even as he gets older. His character Ryan Bringham travels around the country as a corporate downsizing expert, which is relevant to the recession we’re in. His job is to fire people all over the country. Vera Farmiga plays a younger version of George except she finds a way to fire people via video conference calls, effectively rendering Clooney’s job useless and destroying his entire way of life. He takes her on one of his cross country firing trip and both realize the pain and suffering they cause. I’m looking forward to seeing this movie tomorrow afternoon. For others interested, here are the details:

What: Up in the Air

Where: The Michigan Theater

When: Today Saturday Jan 9th, 4:45, 7:00, and 9:15. Tomorrow Sunday January 10th at 3:45, 6:00, and 8:15. Also check the Michigan theater website www.michtheater.org as the movie errors later this week also.

How much? Student tickets are only $7 with your Mcard.

As always this is
Danny Fob: Artist and Art Reviewer

Danny Fob

I'm a Junior in LSA majoring in Italian and minoring in Art History. I love writing for art[seen] because it gives me the opportunity to show all of these amazing shows that the University brings to Ann Arbor. We get some world class performers and I would be really bummed if I missed out on anything that I'll never have to opportunity to see again. What you need to know about me? I'm not a writer, an art expert, and I didn't grow up around this much culture. I am a busy student at UofM, so if you are judging me for something, it's okay because I won't have time to respond. I'll just keep seeing shows and you can be jealous!