PREVIEW: Ann Arbor Folk Festival

Power Duo Ben Gibbard and Jay Farrar
Power Duo Ben Gibbard and Jay Farrar

Excitement is in the air my friends!  A longstanding tradition in Ann Arbor, the Ark brings you the 33rd annual Ann Arbor Folk Festival this Friday and Saturday.  If you have never been, I highly suggest you try to make it to this one as the lineup is extremely impressive (as always).  I am a folk festival newbie so I’m very excited to see how the night will play out.

Both shows start at 6:30 p.m. sharp at the great Hill Auditorium.  Friday’s lineup includes favorites Iron & Wine as well as Ben Gibbard and Jay Farrar performing their new collaborative release, One Fast Move or I’m Gone, inspired by Jack Kerouac.  If those two acts aren’t enough to get you excited there are a host of other performers including Band of Heathens, Hoots & Hellmouth, Po’ Girl, Jer Coons, and Nervous But Excited.

That’s not all folks! Saturday night focuses on the roots and traditions of folk and the lineup includes Rosanne Cash, Richie Havens, Doc Watson, Raul Malo, Hot Club of Cowtown, and Enter the Haggis.  Both nights are hosted by Patty Larkin.  Tickets may still be available through ticketmaster.  I hope you can all make it but if not here’s something for you sleepless fans, amazing concert!

Click here!