REVIEW: Walk the Moon

Oh my soul, the concert I attended Tuesday evening must have been the most spiritual, uplifting, heart-warming, concert I have ever attended. If you were not in the audience of the Fillmore Tuesday night, I truly believe you missed out on something special. Something only a few of us here were lucky enough to witness. But worry not, there will be another chance. Like me, you should already be looking into the next Walk the Moon concert and desperately trying to find front row tickets. Every ounce of sweat you feel come off the band is just another step closer to heaven.

I seriously believe this group has some of the most inspiring souls I have ever had the chance to be in the presence of. Every song was so much more than just some notes traveling through the room. They poured their hearts into every word and were living their music, revealing to everyone what life really is through every word they sang. This is exactly what a concert should be. You forget about everything else in your life except the music and the people around you. Then, after you leave the concert hall, you feel like you have just been told the meaning of life, knowing exactly how to approach the world, realizing you can of course deal with all the annoying little things of your daily routine.

Their music reminds you how happy you can be, if you just focus on the good side of life. As Nick (the lead singer) told everyone in the Fillmore to release all the bullshit we have in our lives and give up on everything outside of the now, you could feel the entire audience loose a million tons of stress. Everyone suddenly forgot why they had been worrying about that essay they had to turn in, or why they were worried about some Facebook post their friend made that day. Even the politics of the day faded into the distance. What we felt in that moment can only be expressed as pure ecstasy. And no ensemble has been able to do that for me quite in the same way Walk the Moon did.

I think many of us have given up on the idea that musicians aren’t jaded by the money, lifestyle, or fame, but I truly believe Walk the Moon may be one of the last groups left that truly just loves music and wants to move some people on this Earth. Another one of my favorite bands, Johnnyswim, convinces you of the same thing. I don’t believe I will ever tire of listening to their music because of this reason. You can’t help but feel more connected to the Earth and just smile because you are happy to be alive when listening to their music. I cannot stress how much this concert meant to me, and I highly HIGHLY encourage you to go see them live if you ever have the chance. They are totally worth the money, and you will not be disappointed.

WTM