PREVIEW: Run River North with The Lighthouse & The Whaler

Run River North is an alternative / indie band from San Fernando Valley, CA.  Its members consist of Alex Hwang (Vocals/Acoustic Guitar), Daniel Chae (Electric Guitar/Violin), Jennifer Rim (Violin), Joseph Chun (Bass), John Chong (Drums), and Sally Kang (Vocals/Keys).  They just release a new album, called Drinking From A Salt Pond.  It is available to pre-order from iTunes here!

The Lighthouse & The Whaler, who will be opening for Run River North, is a band from Cleveland, OH!  Its members are Michael LoPresti, Matthew LoPresti, Mark Porostosky, and Ryan Walker.  Their new album, Mont Royal, is available on Spotify and iTunes / Google Play.

I’ve never seen either of these groups before, but from what I’ve heard, they’re definitely bands to listen to!  They will be playing tomorrow at The Blind Pig.  Doors open at 8pm!

kebishop

I am a senior majoring in International Studies with a concentration in Comparative Culture and Identity and a minor in Sociocultural Anthropology. I'm an avid coffee and bonfire enthusiast with an interest in the arts.