Preview: Roméo et Juliette

Many people know the tragic love story by William Shakespeare of Romeo and Juliet.  However, the University of Michigan’s School of Music, Theatre, and Dance is putting on, not the play of Romeo and Juliet, but the opera Roméo et Juliette.  Staying true to the classic love story that many are familiar with, this version will be sung in French with projected English translations.  As many others can probably relate, I have known the story of Romeo and Juliet practically my whole life, but I became familiarized with it as a freshman in high school when we dove into the story.  I’m certain that this operatic version will not disappoint.

14608725_10154518843247696_8995913490336292149_o

Roméo et Juliette will be performed in the Power Center on Thursday 11/10 @ 7:30pm, Friday 11/11 and Saturday 11/12 @ 8:00pm, and Sunday 11/13 @ 2pm.  Tickets are $12 for students with a valid I.D., and $22-$28 for reserved seating for all other audience members.

http://tickets.music.umich.edu/single/eventDetail.aspx?p=2938

brynel

A senior studying Psychology at U of M ~ “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” ~ Winnie the Pooh

One thought to “Preview: Roméo et Juliette”