PREVIEW: The Verve Pipe

Twenty-five years. Three million albums sold worldwide. A Michigan-native rock and roll band formed in the 1990s, The Verve Pipe’s music explores heartbreak, family, love, and loss that is as real now as it was back then. Filled with soul-searching lyrics and layered instrumentals, their work tackles problems and evokes emotions that is rare to find in contemporary alternative music today.

Still touring and still going strong, the band is bringing back all their hits from their first two albums and fan favorites from their entire discography with an exclusive, personal show at The Ark that will surely live up to its reputation of dazzling live shows.

I’ve become a huge fan of their music and I’m really excited to see them perform in such an intimate venue. Join me as The Verve Pipe performs their show “I’ve Suffered A Pop Smear” at The Ark on December 2 at 8:00pm. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased at the Michigan Union Ticket Office or online at www.thevervepipe.com.

Angela Lin

Angela is a senior studying English and the Environment. The only thing she loves more than writing and the arts are wombats.

One thought to “PREVIEW: The Verve Pipe”