PREVIEW: Carrie Newcomer

This Sunday, January 13, one of my all-time favorite artists will be performing at the Ark in Ann Arbor! Carrie Newcomer is a folk singer-songwriter, as well as a writer, and I have been listening to her for a good portion of my life, having been introduced to her music by my dad. I have seen her in concert once previously, and it was one of my favorite concerts I’ve been to. My family drove to Indiana over my high school spring break to see her perform in a small auditorium at Ball State University, and it did not disappoint.

Described as a “prairie mystic” by the Boston Globe, her music has an intimate spiritual inclination that celebrates human connection. If you have never heard Carrie Newcomer before, check out the video below for a sample!

Tickets are general admission and can be purchased online for $20 through 11 am on Saturday, January 12. After that, they may be purchased at the door on the night of the show. The show begins at 7:30 pm and doors open at 7 pm. The Ark is located at 316 S Main St in Ann Arbor.

JM

JM is a dual degree student in the School of Music, Theatre & Dance and the College of Engineering. Some of her favorite things include running, reading, all things creative, and the color purple.