PREVIEW: La Bohème

Don’t miss the School of Music, Theatre & Dance’s production of La Bohème, featuring the University Opera Theatre and the University Symphony Orchestra. The opera’s music is by Giacomo Puccini, and the libretto (words) are by Giuseppe Giacosa and Luigi Illica. The opera, which takes place in Paris and tells a story of youth and romance, enjoys enduring popularity despite the fact that it premiered over 100 years ago in 1896: The New York Times called La Bohème “the world’s most popular opera,” and the musical Rent is actually a modern reincarnation of Bohème.

The opera is running at the Power Center for the Performing Arts from November 7 – November 10. The November 9 show is at 8 pm, and the November 10 show is a matinee at 2 pm. Tickets, which are $13 with a student ID, may be purchased at the Michigan League Ticket Office, or online.

JM

JM is a dual degree student in the School of Music, Theatre & Dance and the College of Engineering. Some of her favorite things include running, reading, all things creative, and the color purple.