PREVIEW: A Glitch in the Matrix

This documentary that comes out on February 5th, 2021, centers around the question of whether we are living in a simulation. Filmmaker Rodney Ascher uses testimony, philosophical evidence, and scientific explanations to try and work through the question, and possible answers. Director Ascher is also known for the documentaries “The Nightmare” and “Room 237”.

I am excited to watch this documentary because I have often pondered this question, and I hope I can be convinced one way or the other by the evidence that is provided! The trailer also looked super creepy and thought provoking, so I’ll hopefully be thinking about the simulation we live in for days after the movie.

The movie is available through the Michigan Theater Virtual Movie Palace for $12 (and $10 for members). Link to the teaser trailer and the movie here: https://www.michtheater.org/screenings/a-glitch-in-the-matrix/

Lucy

Hi all! I am a current U of M senior majoring in psychology. I love to experience arts events, share them with others, and engage in discussion about them as well. So please feel free to comment on my reviews! Outside of classes, I am in an a cappella group, sorority, psychiatry lab, clinical internship, and honors psychology club. I also did theater throughout high school, and have always felt highly engaged with and connected to the arts. Thanks for visiting our Art[seen] blog and happy reading :)