PREVIEW: All Too Well: The Short Film

A few months ago, when I initially picked up the ukulele, the first song I decided to learn was “All Too Well” by Taylor Swift. I’m a fan of Swift’s musical lyricism and the chords for the song were easy enough. 

Months later, I would have never guessed my first ukulele song would be given its own short film.

In the Swift fandom, RED’s “All Too Well,” defied expectations and became a beloved classic after its first release nine years ago in 2012. Taylor herself has said before that she never expected the song to become so huge; it was never released as a single and it didn’t have a music video . . . but perhaps it will soon.

Tomorrow, in conjunction with the release of the re-recorded RED (Taylor’s Version), Taylor will be dropping  All Too Well: The Short Film, starring Sadie Sink, Dylan O’Brien, and Taylor herself. The film will be out on YouTube at 7 pm Eastern. Hopefully, it will include the anticipated ten-minute version of “All Too Well.”

I definitely, can’t wait to get cozy this November 12, 2021, with my own favorite red scarf. 

Happy RED-release everyone!

suparnah

Suparna Hande is a sophomore majoring in Creative Writing & Literature and Asian Studies (Japanese). She loves reading, particularly comic books. She also enjoys playing the violin and taking morning runs. Also check out her series on arts, ink., Sagas Among the Arcana - http://artsatmichigan.umich.edu/ink/author/suparnah/