PREVIEW: Gibson Fleck

When I think back about the talent here at the University of Michigan, odds are high that Gibson Fleck will stick out in my mind.  I cannot explain to you the itching anticipation I’m experiencing for this show and I hardly know anything about it.  Gibson Fleck, presented by the Department of Musical Theatre, is an original production with music and lyrics written by A.J. Holmes and Carlos Valdes and book by Ali Gordon.  These names may sound familiar to you, and they should.  The creators of Gibson Fleck are all current U of M students.  This impressive and ambitious young team has worked incessantly to produce a show that is sure to continue the university’s tradition of innovation and creative genius.

Gibson Fleck, a story of a young man searching for a place to call home, incorporates a blend of both folk rock and musical theatre idioms.  The show is sure to be an emotional rollercoaster, as Gibson is faced with the enduring uncertainty of the meaning of “home.” I have no doubt that the inspiring story of Gibson Fleck will take you into a world unbeknownst to you.

Gibson Fleck will run throughout the weekend in the Arthur Miller Theatre on North Campus.

Thursday, November 18th: 7:30 PM (SOLD OUT)

Friday, November 19th:  8:00 PM

Saturday, November 20th: 8:00 PM

Saturday, November 20th: 2:00 PM

Sunday, November 21st: 2:00 PM

Limited tickets available at the League Ticket Office: 734.764.2538

Cost: $24/$10 with student ID

Cheers