Preview for Screening for Beasts of the Southern Wild

This seems like an amazing event to go to because not only do you get to see this amazing movie which was Oscar nominated for best picture, director, actress, and a fourth academy award, but also because you get to have a discussion with the director. Which is pretty amazing because he will skype in from Louisiana; and this is a big-time director!
The movie has been described by some as a fantasy-realism story tale! It is realistic because it is essentially about a little girl living in poverty in the Louisiana Bayou, almost orphan-less when… Hurricane Katrina comes. It is essentially her story about survival and coping in light of these events. It is also rumored to showcase the lifestyle of those living a life which is very different from what many of us in towns and cities are used to living.
But it has a flare of fantasy to it because from what I hear, the little girl’s name is Hushpuppy who lives in the Bathtub with her father Wink. These names seem to hint an air of fantasy and also a bit metaphorical/reference to actual places and events. Which adds a sense of intrigue.. That said, I am rather intrigued by this movie and would like to see it! So to all of you out there, go see it if you can- for free!!!!!!!!!!!

LitaPitasMusings

I love big dogs, movies from the 1930s-1960s, I am a "girly -girl-feminist" and I love fast food.