Preview: Saving Mr. Banks

Ever see Mary Poppins? I am sure most of us have. I remember the first time I watched it, I was this little 7 year old thing. It is a classic, no doubt. Well, now you can see and hear about how this movie was made, or rather how it almost wasn’t made.
I am not gonna lie- I saw the trailer to this movie in the summer when I went to see the Butler and I have literally been counting down the days until the release of this film!
I couldn’t wait to see this movie because it talks about subjects that are very dear to me. One of them is how artists’/creators’ works can be so, so dear to them.. that it is hard for them to let them go. As was the case with P.L Travers- the creator of Mary Poppins. The other subject I really wanted to know about was who was this woman who inspired P.L Travers to come up with the Mary Poppins character? In other words, what gave this writer/artist ( P.L Travers) her inspiration to come up with the character Mary Poppins? I am almost always curious to know what inspired artists. Furthermore, how did this figure save the Mr. Banks figure in her life, i.e. her father, and lastly.. exactly how cold was P.L Travers’ father? The trailer just looks so intriguing!! Anyway, if you are as intrigued as I am- then I encourage you to go see this movie!!

LitaPitasMusings

I love big dogs, movies from the 1930s-1960s, I am a "girly -girl-feminist" and I love fast food.