Preview for Cinderella

Mirror Mirror, Snow White and the Huntsman, Jack and the Giant Slayer, Maleficent, Alice in Wonderland are all movies which played out in theaters in the last few years. But another common thread that these films have is that they are all fairy tables and old classic stories which recently had new life breathed into them; and thus transforming them into live action remakes!
The newest film to be added to the subgenre- of-classic-tale-transformed-into-live-action-film will come out this Friday— and is perhaps the most famous of all children’s fairytales: Cinderella.
This film stars Lily James as Cinderella ( if you have seen Downton Abbey then you have seen her as cousin Rose), as well as two time academy award winner Cate Blanchett as the evil stepmother. For those of you Downton Abbey enthusiasts will be happy to know that Sophie Mcshera will play one of the stepsisters!

Kenneth Branagh, the director of this film, was the television show “The View”- the other day and he said this version of Cinderella will give more of a background into how Cinderella is so effervescent and resilient despite all the abuse she faces.

Cate Blanchett said to people.com that she was never a fan of a the classic story of Cinderella. But she says that this version has a great message for those who face bullying because it shows you how one person (i.e. Cinderella) overcomes bullying with dignity, grace, and a pity for those who bully her. Considering this day and age where children have sometimes taken their lives in the face of bullying- I now want t examine how Cinderella actually faces her bullies.

On a more silly, and superficial note- I am curious to see how that dress will look like on the big screen. In addition, I want to take a peek into those Swarovski beweled glass slippers. But those articles of clothing have inspired Saks Fifth Avenue to start a Glass slipper shoe collection as well as for Kohls’ to start a Cinderella clothing collection.

I think this movie already has many reasons to be seen- but if you need one more- it’s that the short Frozen Fever will be shown along with this film! Not that I am into Frozen…

LitaPitasMusings

I love big dogs, movies from the 1930s-1960s, I am a "girly -girl-feminist" and I love fast food.