PREVIEW: The Head and the Heart

A part of their Signs of Light tour, the indie-folk group will be performing with the opening band Whitney. If you’re looking to catch the rapidly-rising Head and the Heart in your own Ann Arbor backyard (they’re also set to perform at The Governor’s Ball, Bonnaroo, and Coachella for this summer’s festival season), the performance will be held at Hill Auditorium on February 28, at 8 pm. Tickets range from $30-$40.

The Head and the Heart’s work first entered into my orbit of interest with their self-titled 2010 album (my favorite track being “Ghosts”). Their song “Rivers and Roads” is probably most notable, even to those who don’t initially recognize the band’s name. It’s feature on the season finale of TV’s New Girl sent me frantically searching for the artist of the song, and thus an interest was born. Their songs have woven their way through various Spotify playlists of mine, though I’ve got a ways to go before I could classify myself a fully-versed fan. I think this will be quickly corrected, though, for their natural sound makes for a great live experience.

Allie Scholten

I'm a Junior studying History of Art and Museum Studies. My love for art is only eclipsed by my need for a really great cup of coffee