PREVIEW: Roulette

This a Basement Arts Show, which means it is completely directed, performed, and ran by Students. It also means that this show is FREE!!!! What is even more special about this basement arts show is that it was written by Michigan Students, Kyle Prue and Kathleen Taylor. So it is a special opportunity to see this play, at the place it was created, before it becomes famous.

This show is at the Newman Studio in Walgreen Drama Center. Watch it Friday (March 29) at 7pm and 11pm or on Saturday (March 30) at 7pm.

This is the description from BA facebook:   Preston returns home one night to Emma. The conversation they have opens up the floodgates of every problem between them; all of the secrets they’ve kept from one another, everything they are too afraid to say. Preston suggests a solution—a drinking game. The rules of the game dictate that they pour six shots and ask each other honest, essential questions about the nature of their relationship. At any time, if someone wants to kill a topic or doesn’t want to answer the question, they take a shot. If they finish all six shots, it means their relationship is beyond saving and they have to break up. Roulette asks us to consider whether human relationships are built on mutual effort or some uncontrollable, cosmic force.

Ronald McTrump

I am a senior studying business and I have lots of travelling experience in Asia. I am very pessimistic and opinionated about life, but art brings me happiness and I hope my pessimism isn't apparent in my reviews, for the sake of the artists!