Preview for Argo

Preview for Argo
up to make sure you still see all your Oscar nominated movies before the 24th? Well if so… you are in luck!
That’s because Argo is still playing and if you are looking for another reason beyond, “I need to catch up on my Oscar movies,” then I have some. I recommend seeing Argo because it is a good mix of true story, politics, thriller, and ultimately one about peace and cooperation .I know several people have dismissed Argo as saying that it isn’t the epic thriller it should be for the thriller category, and it isn’t political enough to rub shoulders with new and old classics such as Good Night, and Good Luck or Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. But it is still good to see. Perhaps it would be more sizzling and spine tingling if it could fit into thriller genre. Or have a more serious in depth feeling if it could fit into the political movie genre. But to be true to a few different genres, in addition to maintaining veracity with actual events is not always an easy feat. But Argo manages it.
I will say that once you realize what Argo stands for, you will realize that truth is stranger than fiction. Or maybe just that the CIA’s ways are strange. Some of the humor that Hollywood makes about itself is pretty hilarious. My favorite line is, “You can teach a rhesus monkey to be a director!” I will also say that the depiction of the Middle East is realistic and nothing related to orientalism. Ironically, this is referenced in the movie as well.
So, yes if you love to have a thrill, like 1970’s garb, are a 1970s history buff, or better yet a 1970’s Mid-east-US relations history buff, and like some action… then this is your movie. Go and see it!

LitaPitasMusings

I love big dogs, movies from the 1930s-1960s, I am a "girly -girl-feminist" and I love fast food.