PREVIEW: COSTUMES – 2022 Fall Ann Arbor StorySLAMS at The Blind Pig

The Moth Radio Hour is coming to Ann Arbor for one night for their event, COSTUMES!

It is a StorySLAM where people are instructed to “prepare a five-minute story about playing the part. Holidays, parties or the school play. Stories of wearing the clothes to conform or stand out. Imposter syndrome or uniforms that itch. From ComiCon to Mardi Gras— Santa Clause to Spock, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle to Sexy Zombie Cat. Reveal yourself!”

My friend, who is a big fan of Moth, told me about this event and is SO excited that they’re coming to Ann Arbor. Another friend who used to review for [art]seen went to a Moth Radio event for her writing class, and said: “it was sm fun.” It will be a great opportunity to view writing performance, but also participate as a member of the audience! At least for me, it sounds like a great way to push myself out of my comfort zone and enjoy writing for fun and not for a grade for a night! I also haven’t seen a lot of events involved with the art of writing. As a writer, whose main form of art is writing, I’m excited for more events like these to be reviewed for [art]seen!

The event is on Tuesday, October 18th at the Blind Pig (doors open at 6:30 pm, stories begin at 7:30). General admission tickets are $17.50 and 18+. Come enjoy a night of writing and sharing to end your fall break!

View more details and purchase tickets for the event here!

https://themoth.org/events/ann-arbor-costumes