PREVIEW: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever

It’s been a long time since the first Black Panther film came out in 2018; the next film had already been teased at the end of the first movie, and after rewatching it two times I grew increasingly antsy about the release of Black Panther 2. I actually haven’t watched any of the movie trailers and I’ve done a pretty good darn job staying away from spoilers, so I’ll be going into the movie theaters completely blind.

The unfortunate passing of Chadwick Boseman has definitely left a huge hole in both the audience’s hearts and the plot itself. His phenomenal acting as T’challa was one of the highlights for me, and so I feel like the entire time I watch Wakanda Forever I’ll dearly miss him and his character. Although movies tend to take a few years to release anyway, I wonder how much his absence has affected the filming process and how the directors have decided to work around it.

So much has happened in the Marvel Universe with the main turning point being Avengers: Endgame. I’m curious to see how this new movie will drive the direction they will go now after the end of the first generation.

Sappy

Hi everybody~ I'm a Junior majoring in Creative Writing and minoring in Sweetland Writing. I like reading, playing musical instruments, and video games! Most of my reviews will be about the performing arts because I'm interested in dance, classical music, and theater. Thank you for checking out my profile and I hope you enjoy my reviews <3