A Wolverine Abroad – Art Fair? In January? YESSSSS!!!!

Believe it! I went to this amazing art fair today. It was so fantastic! It was outside the city walls of Bologna, which was great because the entire bus-ride back I was singing with my friends on this bus that was like the Bursley/Baits at 9:50 am (Singing Rent no less, which Italians have never heard of). We got compliments 🙂

But seriously, this art fair was huge. Not as big as ours, but more diverse. Way more mediums than you see at the AA fair. It was all modern and postmodern, whatever all those words for abstract are. Some of the mediums were so strange, and some were just terrible. There was literally a window shutter. A black window shutter. Maybe I just don’t get all of this modern art. I saw so much though, and I wrote down a list of all the artist I really liked. After I research a little more I’ll writer more about them. For now though I’ll give you a little taste.

For reasons you’ll find obvious, I won’t post a picture of the works i saw, but if you go to the website, you’ll see some of her works

http://www.claudia-rogge.de/fotografie/everafter

This is an artist that I remember for a few reasons. I saw a lot of her works, and I had to ask to make sure that one of them was hers. So I heard her name, looked through her books, and wrote her name on the list. Also, the pictures were basically giant orgies. But artistic. They were themed on the cantos of Dante’s Divine Comedy. The whole series was just beautiful and she really knew how to set up a photo. Her name is Claudia Rogge. Her site is great, but it doesn’t show all of her works. One that really struck me, that I can’t seem to find, is of a dinner table, all set, and covered in wax. Dripping with wax. And the wall behind it has family photos. It’s really something. But for now, this is all I can say. I promise there is more to come from this great experience abroad.

Ciao ciao!

Danny Fob

Your Wolverine Abroad Blogger