S3 Scribble #17: In Your Eyes

“What on Earth am I meant to do?”

I have had a very busy past few weeks of travel (including a phenomenal Spring Break vacation with some of my best friends), graduate school touring, school, and work, and I am finally adjusting to my normal routine back in Ann Arbor. All of the traveling and unpredictability has resulted in a spike in my anxiety, but I know that as I adjust to my typical schedule, I will feel better and better.

“In this crowded place there is only you.”

The weather has such a strong impact on the way I feel, and after several rainy days, I found myself craving sunnier ones. Not only has daylight savings time made it stay lighter for later into the evening, but today I was able to enjoy a delightful sunny and 70 degree day in Ann Arbor! I went on a long walk and even had a student organization meeting outside since the weather was so beautiful. It appears that spring has sprung!

“Was gonna leave, now I have to stay; you have taken my breath away.”

This week, I officially accepted an offer from a graduate school program, and it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now, instead of feeling anxious when thinking about my future, I feel hopeful – it’s nice to know where I’ll be living at this time next year! That being said, it still feels bittersweet to know that graduation is coming up in less than two months. However, knowing that I have such great things planned and that I will be attending a graduate program that I am passionate about is absolutely helping me look forward to the future.

“Is the world still spinning around?”

The sunnier weather means I am listening to happier music, and, for me, nothing beats Kylie Minogue’s pop songs when trying to get into the spring and summer mood. The days are longer, the weather is warmer, and I’m excited to see what my future holds!

“I don’t feel like coming down.”

Listen to In Your Eyes by Kylie Minogue here: https://youtu.be/OjETibEMbJY?si=Lh-YicKS7e0sOJO8

Sydney Braun

University of Michigan Class of 2024. Pronouns: she/her. Double Major in Environment and Communication & Media. Huge fan of 80s/90s music, not a fan of single-use plastic water bottles. Be sure to check out Song Scribbles With Sydney, where I use my favorite music to help analyze my emotions and experiences at college, posted every Wednesday!