Bear Hands at The Blind Pig

I was very fortunate to make it out to see Bear Hands playing at the Blind Pig last night and I thought they deserved some major credit for the show they put on. I’ve known a couple of their songs for the past three years and I’m really excited to see that they’re beginning to get the recognition they deserve. Their fame was big enough to procure a crowd with a handful of fans singing along, but small enough to leave them packing up their own equipment as they finished their set. I love this about them, the combination of pure talent, but also a really real sense of humility. The only thing better than a band that makes great music is a band that makes great live music. I only knew one song from their set, but I was fully engaged throughout the entirety of their show. They have a noticably unique sound, which mixes traditional guitar/bass/drums with less common instruments such as maracas and what looked like a synthesizer. The band clearly has a great concept of sound because they incorporated backup vocals and instrumentals into the songs in ways that were simultaneously surprising and immensely pleasing. I came away from the night with a vast appreciation for this band and the many up and coming indie bands like them. I also came away with a new favorite song that really pulled it all together for me. The song is called Agora and it gives an excellent glimpse into their talent, down to earth demeanor, and ability to produce engaging and catchy music.

Definitely check out their albums, my personal favorites are linked below:

Agora

What A Drag

Bad Blood