Current TV..A Must See

If you are a person interested in any aspect of your present day life, then Current TV is perfect for you.  Current is a station through Comcast..yes, I know Comcast is the bane of your existence, but at least is offers Current, which highlights important and prevalent stories that are not discussed in the popular media.  Those of you out there who have escaped the devilish workings of Comcast, kudos to you, but don’t fret, like everything else you can find Current on the Internet.  Here you can watch episodes from Current TV, read articles, listen to music, and respond like a blogger would to any one or more of these mediums.

If you are one of those people, like myself, who feel guilty about relaxing and watching TV, Current alleviates that guilt because this information is essential to your growth and knowledge of the world and its events.  So please, relax.

It provides a gateway to the most abundant and versatile newsroom I have ever seen.

A few of my favorite Current shows are Vanguard, Embedded, and Max and Jason: Still Up.  Other shows include The Rotten Tomatoes Show, Current Vitals, Current Tonight, Supernews, and infoMania.  Vanguard is on Wednesday nights at 10 pm and follows a journalist as he or she uncovers worldwide issues.  A couple of the episodes I have seen explore both national and international drug wars, making you aware of some heavy issues going on around the world.

So for those of you reading this statement that have known about Current for years, and thus are snickering at my slow uptake skills, I apologize for the cultural redundancy.  On the other hand, those of you who are reading about Current as a foreign notion, I strongly urge you to go turn on your TV or sit at your laptop and allow Current to open your eyes to the untold stories of your world.

You can find Current at current.com

Enjoy!

Sara majors in Art History and enjoys long walks

Sara Olds

University of Michigan Student interested in mobilizing the arts in the community