OTM #7: Forbidden Fruit

Happy Wednesday once again! We’re almost through the semester!

I’ve been obsessed with coffee lately, as most teenage girls become enamored with at some point in their adolescence. My trips every so often take me to M-36, which has become by far my favorite coffee shop in Ann Arbor. However, something about their cold brews leave me absolutely destroyed; I already have a difficult time processing caffeine, yet the cold brews at M-36 seem to be built different. My friends and I have come to title these occurrences my “Grasshopper Days”, in which I order the Grasshopper cold brew (a delicious mint chocolate flavor, like a thin mint cookie) and just a few hours later fall to my knees and tremble for the rest of the day.

There’s something beautiful about it. After all, I keep going back for more. Something about the experience has become inspirational to me, comedic, legendary. I always am sure to prepare myself before I get one – “Am I ready for a Grasshopper? Have I finished enough work to relinquish my day to this beverage?” – And then I’m set. (P.S., I do know people that drink this and do not fall to the same state as myself, so I would certainly recommend trying it!)

Hope you enjoy my plights for today, and have a great week!

katelynski

Hello, I'm Katelyn Sliwinski! I'm a senior studying communications with a minor in writing, but I previously was studying digital illustration, so I'm happy to be sharing my art with you! I want to use my artwork to appreciate the mundanities of daily life; it's improved my mental health tenfold to just stop and look around once and a while, so I seek to capture that joy and show it to you!