OTM #17: Snowing

Each year, when the snow finally rolls in, I’m always thinking about the ending of The Shining. Especially this year – the weather had been so gorgeous for so long, and all of the sudden it dropped and snow poured from the skies. It’s the Michigan condition, and we have to love it a little, but it’s so drastic. My mood changes as the cold arrives, I want to do nothing but sit and think. I can see myself perfectly in the movie’s ending, just as Jack was out freezing in the dark, covered in ice and snow. Winter kind of sucks, I think to myself, but there’s comfort to be had in it, too. Break is coming up, and soon I’ll be cozied up by a fireplace eating turkey. The end of the semester is coming up, and I can finally take my winter hibernation. I hope you’re all fighting through the cold okay! Good luck this week and thanks for reading.

katelynski

Hello, I'm Katelyn Sliwinski! I'm a senior studying communications with a minor in writing, but I previously was studying digital illustration, so I'm happy to be sharing my art with you! I want to use my artwork to appreciate the mundanities of daily life; it's improved my mental health tenfold to just stop and look around once and a while, so I seek to capture that joy and show it to you!