Chroma #11: Gritty Sleep

In this piece, I wanted to encompass that disgruntled feeling when its late at night and you’re groggy and sleep-deprived. You might feel kind of crusty, and you just want to pass out in bed. I hoped with the lighting and the drops of water I could create that sense of sleepiness, a feeling that I’m sure most people here are at least somewhat familiar with. Also, with the guys sleeping in the doorway and in the background, I tried to create a feeling of camaraderie and coziness, even if they’re all bone-deep tired. I hope everyone’s making sure they’ve been getting enough sleep recently.

.

dai

hey! i'm dai, a CS sophomore looking to (hopefully) double minor in APIA studies and Art and Design. i'm a mainly digital artist who loves color and wants to improve and expand on my coloring abilities. in my current series “Chroma”, i'll generate a new color palette each week using a randomized color palette generator, and then create an illustration based off it. along the way, i hope to capture the creative process of my art, as well as the different gradients of life. enjoy!