OTM #38: Lucky

Do you ever have those nights where you sleep so hard that you wake up covered in sweat? Disoriented, blinking nonstop, feeling gross? Yeah, me too. I think I must have had some crazy dream I don’t remember. Either way, I slept in way past my alarm, which is extremely unusual for me. I guess it’s that time of year; I’m trying to be forgiving of myself, it happens. But to my lucky surprise, when I checked my phone, my first class of the day happened to be cancelled! I no longer had to worry about scrambling to get there, instead taking my time getting ready and getting ahead in my workload for the week. The stars were aligned (although perhaps not for my professor, who cancelled class on account of getting sick). Sometimes we screw up and get lucky — this is one of the many beautiful mysteries of life I choose not to question. Instead, I’m just happy I’m chilling out today. Enjoy the week, thanks for reading!

katelynski

Hello, I'm Katelyn Sliwinski! I'm a senior studying communications with a minor in writing, but I previously was studying digital illustration, so I'm happy to be sharing my art with you! I want to use my artwork to appreciate the mundanities of daily life; it's improved my mental health tenfold to just stop and look around once and a while, so I seek to capture that joy and show it to you!