Industrious Illustrating #11 – Until Next Fall!

So I promised last week that the final update would be on May 4th. I was wrong. I ended up having an internet connection outage yesterday and couldn’t post anything from anywhere except my phone, but then I couldn’t log into my account from mobile…  Anyway, that’s enough excuses.

Over the summer, I’m planning on taking lots of reference pictures while staying abroad in Hong Kong for artistic inspiration. In this vein, I’m trying to better organize the photographs I’ve taken on various vacations and trips as references for future paintings/drawings. You can see a sneak preview of one of my photo folders here. Maybe you’ll recognize one of these in a future drawing I post to this blog!

Ever since I started posting on Arts Ink several months ago, I’ve enjoyed making posts about various topics to post every Friday. Can you believe that there are already ten of them?

As a reminder, I’ll be tabling at Anime Park this Saturday (May 7th) at Canton High School. If you want to see me in the fall, I’ve heard there’ll be another Con Ja Nai at UMich in the fall, and I was also recently accepted with a Stamps classmate to table at YoumaCon in November. More details to come! No matter if you come see my illustrations in person or just read my columns online, I’m glad to share my artwork and artistic journey with everyone! See you soon!

Robin

I'm Robin (he/they), a third year enrolled as a User Experience Design student. I'm especially interested in eventually professionally creating artwork for entertainment such as animated films, books, and video games. I want to share my artwork with a wider audience using this blog, and I also want to open up a conversation about what goes into making illustrations and artwork both on the creative and business sides..